What is it?
Martha’s Ministry is a Deacon led ministry that provides support to families and individuals by delivering meals during an illness, death, birth, hospital stay, surgery recovery, or other significant life-events.
What a comfort and blessing it is to receive a meal, when the last thing you can think about is preparing one! This service is provided to members of the FPCL community and can last for as long as needed by the individual or family.
How You Can Help?
Currently, the Martha’s Ministry has a group of dedicated volunteers ready to help, but we are always looking for new volunteers. Volunteering would include preparing and delivering meals to individuals or families during an illness or crisis.
How You Get Involved?
If you are interested in adding your name to the list, please email Deacon Victor Karpenko, firstname.lastname@example.org or call him, 925-872-4923.
What Happens Next?
- Once you contact Victor, he will add you to the list of volunteers
- When there is a request for meals you are sent an email with a link
- Click the link to be taken to the Meal Train web page
- Once there you will find available dates to select, along with any special dietary needs requested
- Select one or as many as you would like to provide for
For privacy, the website is only accessible by the link you are sent and is only open for an allotted amount of time based on the needs of the request.